By Liba Taub
The first publication of its style in English, Ancient Meteorology discusses Greek and Roman ways and attitudes to this huge self-discipline, which in classical antiquity integrated not just 'weather', yet occurrences similar to earthquakes and comets that at the present time will be considered as geological, astronomical or seismological.
The variety and variety of this literature highlights the query of scholarly authority in antiquity and illustrates how writers replied to the meteorological details provided through their literary predecessors.
Ancient Meteorology can be a priceless reference device for classicists and people with an curiosity within the background of technological know-how.
Read Online or Download Ancient Meteorology (Sciences of Antiquity Series) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Each Australian has heard of Burke and Wills yet few have travelled of their footsteps. In 2008, historian Dave Phoenix determined to stroll throughout Australia from Melbourne to the Gulf of Carpentaria, following the tune taken by means of the ill-fated Burke and Wills excursion. you can now stick to them too. Following Burke and Wills throughout Australia courses you on a street journey that follows considered one of history’s nice transcontinental trips, sharing the explorers’ studies at the method.
To appreciate sleek technological know-how, it's necessary to realize that a few of the such a lot basic clinical ideas are drawn from the information of old civilizations. Taking an international but entire method of this complicated subject, A historical past of technological know-how in international Cultures makes use of a extensive diversity of case stories and examples to illustrate that the clinical notion and approach to the current day is deeply rooted in a pluricultural earlier.
Robinson's innovative functional mathematics through Daniel W. Fish. This booklet is a duplicate of the unique ebook released in 1874 and will have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
A handbook of straightforward Geology, Or, the traditional adjustments of the Earth and Its population by means of Charles Lyell. This publication is a duplicate of the unique e-book released in 1854 and should have a few imperfections similar to marks or hand-written notes.
- The Electric Theories of J. Clerk Maxwell: A Historical and Critical Study (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- Philosophies of Environmental Education and Democracy: Harris, Dewey, and Bateson on Human Freedoms in Nature (The Cultural and Social Foundations of Education)
- An Elementary Treatise on Geometry, Simplified for Beginners Not Versed in Algebra. Part I
- Natürliche schöpfungsgeschichte. Gemeinverständliche wissenschaftliche vorträge über die entwickelungslehre im allgemeinen und diejenige (German Edition)
- The First Scientist: Anaximander and His Legacy
- Reason and Professional Ethics
Additional resources for Ancient Meteorology (Sciences of Antiquity Series)
Ancient Meteorology (Sciences of Antiquity Series) by Liba Taub