By Efthymia Nikita
Osteoarchaeology: A consultant to the Macroscopic examine of Human Skeletal Remains covers the identity of bones and tooth, taphonomy, intercourse, ancestry review, age estimation, the research of biodistances, progress styles and task markers, and paleopathology.
The ebook goals to familiarize the reader with the most functions of osteoarchaeology and supply the mandatory wisdom required for the implementation of a vast variety of osteological equipment. it truly is perfect as a supplement to present textbooks utilized in top point undergraduate and graduate classes on osteoarchaeology, human osteology, and, to some degree, forensic anthropology.
Pedagogical positive factors comprise abundant illustrations, case examine fabric, revision workouts, and a thesaurus. extra beneficial properties include macros that facilitate info processing and research, in addition to an in depth bankruptcy on utilized statistics.
- Contains insurance of approximately each point of human osteological macroscopic analysis
- Presents designated descriptions of the appliance of alternative methods
- Includes numerous on-line assets, together with macros designed through the writer for the calculation of the variety of participants in commingled assemblages, processing cranial landmarks and nonmetric characteristics, and extra
Read or Download Osteoarchaeology: A Guide to the Macroscopic Study of Human Skeletal Remains PDF
Similar archaeology books
The 1st entire research of a strategically situated ceremonial heart at the island of Puerto Rico. The prehistoric civic-ceremonial middle of Tibes is found at the southern coast of Puerto Rico, simply north of the trendy coastal urban of Ponce. safe on aspects by means of a river, and at the different facets via hills, this nearly 10.
Round four hundred BCE, population of the Southern Andes took up a sedentary way of life that integrated the perform of agriculture. Settlements have been in most cases solitary or clustered constructions with walled agricultural fields and animal corrals, and the 1st small villages seemed in a few areas. unusually, humans have been additionally generating and circulating unique items: polychrome ceramics, copper and gold embellishes, bronze bracelets and bells.
Brass tinklers and pendants. Owl effigies, copper kettles, crucifixes with blue glass stones. What have they got in universal? the reply spans millions of years and a large number of peoples and areas, and divulges how humans made feel in their global as they accrued and used the gadgets they encountered.
Die judäische Königsideologie ist tief verwurzelt in der altorientalischen Kulturkoine und teilt ihre Hauptgedanken mit den benachbarten Königreichen. Weil der König in einem besonderen Verhältnis zur göttlichen Welt steht, kann er für seine Untertanen sorgen: Er zieht in den Kampf mit göttlicher Ausrüstung, kämpft für Recht und Gerechtigkeit und trägt verschiedene Insignien als Zeichen seiner Macht.
- How Ancient Europeans Saw the World: Vision, Patterns, and the Shaping of the Mind in Prehistoric Times
- Articulating Dinosaurs: A Political Anthropology
- The Ancient Egyptian Economy: 3000–30 BCE
- Pottery, Livelihoods, and Landscapes: A Case Study from the Peruvian Andes (SpringerBriefs in Latin American Studies)
- Art and Risk in Ancient Yoruba: Ife History, Power, and Identity, c.1300
Extra info for Osteoarchaeology: A Guide to the Macroscopic Study of Human Skeletal Remains
Osteoarchaeology: A Guide to the Macroscopic Study of Human Skeletal Remains by Efthymia Nikita